The numbers are in. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has released information about the number of people who died on state highways during 2010. Statewide, the number of Pennsylvania highway deaths increased to 1,324.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Alcohol related deaths rose from 442 in 2009 to 444 in 2010.
- Speed related deaths rose from 231 in 2009 to 248 in 2010.
- Aggressive driving related deaths rose from 130 in 2009 to 168 in 2010.
- Motorcycle deaths rose from 204 in 2009 to 223 in 2010.
- Bicyclist deaths rose from 16 in 2009 to 21 in 2010.
- Deaths in accidents with 16 and 17 drivers rose from 40 in 2009 to 57 in 2010.
We extend our condolences to all of the families who lost loved ones in Pennsylvania crashes during 2010 and our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers hope that the statistics collected the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation are used to increase safety on Commonwealth roadways during 2011.