Earlier this summer we gave you some ideas about summer driving safety tips. Today, we want to continue that and provide you with some tips that may keep you safe from vehicle accidents this summer.
The following steps can be taken before you even get behind the wheel of a car:
- Check your tires. Both the tread and the air pressure should be checked regularly to make sure that your tires are safe.
- Check your windshield wiper blades. Summer showers can be sudden and intense. The rain can be blinding – particularly when your wiper blades are not operating properly.
- Check your windshield washer fluid. Dirt from construction sites and bugs make this as important in the summer as in the winter.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car. Your kit should include water, lights and a charged cell phone in case of emergency.
- Check the area under your car. This will help you recognize any leaks that should be brought to your mechanic’s attention.
Summer time is a fun time to travel but it is important to be safe. While many accidents are unavoidable due to the negligence of others, there are steps that you can take to avoid a Pennsylvania car accident this summer.