An incredible amount of thought, emotion, and hard decision-making goes into choosing a suitable nursing home for your loved one. You expect the staff members and medical professionals to be just as caring and attentive as you would be, and you trust them to see that life is as close to a home environment as possible.
When you start to see signs of Pennsylvania nursing home abuse — bruises, evidence of restraint use, a lack of interaction with other residents, or poor hygiene — you are devastated. When your trust is violated and your loved one suffers from Pennsylvania nursing home neglect, the injury attorneys at Ostroff Injury Law will do what it takes to hold accountable those people who hurt your family member.
Why You Need a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Nursing home residents have the right to live as comfortably as possible with exceptional health care, and the right to trust that staff members will treat them with respect.
When basic rights and decent living conditions are denied to nursing home residents, it is important to call a Pennsylvania nursing home abuse lawyer to hold caretakers responsible for their negligent behavior. Your loved one may also be due compensation for medical bills, living costs, and the pain and suffering associated with nursing home neglect.
All Pennsylvania nursing home residents should expect several rights to be respected and upheld during their stay. This Bill of Rights includes:
- The right to be informed of one’s rights and policies of the nursing home
- The right to be informed about nursing home services and charges
- The right to be informed about one’s medical condition
- The right to participate in the plan of care
- The right to choose one’s own doctor
- The right to manage one’s own finances
- The right to privacy, dignity, and respect
- The right to be free from abuse and restraints
- The right to voice grievance without fear of retaliation
- The right to be discharged or transferred only for specific reasons
- The right to have or refuse visitors
If you suspect your loved one is suffering, call Jon Ostroff and his team of skilled Pennsylvania nursing home abuse attorneys immediately.