The relationship between you and your doctor is based on trust. Doctors, hospitals, and all health care professionals take an oath to “cause you no harm.” If a family member died because a doctor or nurse committed a medical mistake, Jon Ostroff and Ostroff Injury Law can help recover money for your family.
After the injury or death to your loved one, calling Jon Ostroff should be a priority for you. The sooner Jon can investigate what happened, the better. Medical records often get lost or changed over time. Get your medical records before your hospital or doctors triy to protect themselves from accountability for what they did to your loved one.
How does medical malpractice happen?
When a hospital or doctor makes a medical mistake that causes harm, medical malpractice has occurred. Over 100,000 patients are either seriously injured or die in the United States as a result of medical errors.
Examples of common medical errors
Some of the most common fatal medical errors are:
- Delay in properly diagnosing a medical condition, such as cancer
- Improper anesthesia administration and/or errors
- An injury to — or death to a baby or mother that occurs due to mistakes made by the doctor, nurse or hospital. This can often occur from a delay in performing a caesarian section when it was appropriate.
- Surgical error
- Failure to treat properly treat an illness, allowing it to worsen, spread or cause other associated medical problems
- Improper medication
An investigation by Ostroff Injury Law will benefit your family, no matter what we find out.
- If we determine that your loved one died because of a medical mistake, we will obtain money for your family.
- If we determine that your loved one was not killed by medical malpractice, at least you can take comfort knowing that you didn’t lose someone you loved because of the mistakes by a doctor or hospital.
- We pay the cost of figuring out what happened to your loved one.
- This investigation includes the cost of gathering your loved one’s medical records and the cost for consulting with well-respected medical experts to help us figure out whether an error led to the death of your loved one.
- If we determine that your loved one died because of a medical mistake, we will pursue a substantial recovery for you and your family.
If your family member died due a medical mistake, Ostroff Injury Law will figure out how it happened and recover money for you and your family.
For nearly 25 years, Jon Ostroff has been representing the estates of over 100 children and adults who have died across Pennsylvania as a result of someone else’s negligence. Jon will spend the time and money it takes to figure out what happened to your loved one. If unable to recover money for your loved one’s estate, Jon will pay these costs.
Jon Ostroff’s ability to find the evidence that wins cases has earned him his distinguished reputation across Pennsylvania as a wrongful death attorney.